How to get from Amsterdam airport to the center
If you are planning a trip to the capital of the Netherlands, you will be interested to know how to get from amsterdam airport to the center and We hope that after reading this post you find it a piece of cake.
We explain all the options so that you can find the most suitable one depending on your type of trip, how many people you are going, if you are traveling with children...
Of the cheapest option to the most expensive, with the information of the stops and the duration of each one!
He Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport receives thousands of travelers every day, even so it is not too difficult to locate and everything is very well signposted.
It can also help you to know the best areas to stay in Amsterdam and follow all these tips for traveling to Amsterdam for the first time.
Here we go with all the options to get to the center from Amsterdam airport!
How to go from Amsterdam airport to the center - Index
- TRAINthe fastest option to go from Amsterdam airport to the center.
- BUSanother interesting but slower option.
- TRANSFERSthe most practical way to get to Amsterdam from the airport.
- CABa comfortable but more expensive option.
How to get from Amsterdam airport to the center
1. Trainthe fastest option to go from Amsterdam airport to the center.
The The fastest option to get from Amsterdam airport to the center is the trainand it was the one we chose.
It is very well connected with the rest of the public transport in the city, so surely this is the best option to get from the airport to your hotel or to the center of Amsterdam.
From the central station you can connect with practically the entire city by metro or tram.
Two train lines leave from the airport to the Central Station, they have the same price and the same ticket is used for both, so it doesn't matter which one we take:
- Intercity direct, makes the journey in 14 minutes.
- Sprinter, does the tour in 17 minutes.
Tickets can be purchased online at the Dutch train official website or in the airport machines.
If you are going to be in Amsterdam for up to three days, the best option for save on public transport is to acquire the Amsterdam travel ticket, with which you have unlimited travel for 1, 2 or 3 days on trains, trams, ferries, buses and subways and includes the trains that connect the Amsterdam-Schiphol airport with the center.
He Amsterdam travel ticket Tickets can also be purchased at the airport machines.
Eye! If you take the I Amsterdam Card, You already have included transportation around the city and from/to the airport.
You have more info in the post on how to get around Amsterdam.
If you stay in the same hotel as us, the hotel leonardo royalYou have to take the Intercity to the "Zuid" stop and at the same station take the metro to the "Overamstel" stop.
2. Busanother interesting but slower option.
It is not the fastest option to go from Amsterdam airport to the center, but if your hotel is near Museumplein (the museum square) or Leidseplein, you may be interested.
There are two companies that manage this route and they carry out practically the same route and the same stops.
Terravision buses run a route from Amsterdam Airport to Museum Square and the Leidseplein district.
The bus leaves from the bus station opposite the Schiphol Airport train station and runs 24/7.
You can buy the tickets at the Terravision website.
Amsterdam Airport Express Bus
He Airport Express 397 day bus (the N37 at night) quite frequently links Amsterdam airport to the city center, it makes three stops at Museumplein, Rijksmuseum and Leidseplein.
The bus leaves from the B15-B19 bus stop, which is located in front of the Schiphol Airport train station.
Where to buy the Amsterdam Airport Express bus ticket?
- on the same busYou can only pay by card.
- So on-line.
3. Transfersthe most practical way to get from the airport to Amsterdam.
It is the most practical option to go from Amsterdam airport to the center or directly to your hotel.
It is highly recommended if you are traveling with several people, you are traveling with small children or you simply do not feel like complicating your life with transport after getting off the plane.
They will be waiting for you when you arrive and they will leave you at the door of your hotel without further trouble.
It can also be a interesting option if your flight arrives very late and you don't want to walk up and down with your suitcases at that time.
Here you can see the updated prices of transfers.
4.taxianother comfortable but more expensive option.
It is the most expensive and least recommended option because you do not know the final price before getting into the taxi, but it is also a comfortable option.
As soon as we leave the arrivals terminal we will see the signs "Official taxi stand".
The rate is not fixed and It will be the one indicated by the taximeter according to the destination.
Amsterdam taxis are among the most expensive in Europe, so be careful!
Tips upon your arrival at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam
- Another option that we have not mentioned is to rent a carWe do not recommend it at all if you only visit Amsterdam, but it might be interesting to take a trip to Brussels or Bruges.
- If you travel to the Netherlands from a country outside the European Union and want to have internet on your mobile, you can request a eSIM card on Holafly which will also serve you for other European countries.
- Take out travel insurance In case any setback arises and you finally cannot make the trip, remember that you have a 5% discount on Iati from our link.
- It is very possible that it will be worth your while to buy a tourist card, you can take a look at the most popular ones, which are the Go City Amsterdam and the I Amsterdam City Card, the latter also includes transportation. You have more info in the Amsterdam tourist cards post.
- If you need to leave your bags on the day of your arrival or departure from Amsterdam and you cannot leave them in the accommodation, We recommend the Lugagge Hero websiteyou also have 2 hours free, clicking on the link and entering the code: VIVIENDODEVIAJE in the upper right part where it says "PROMO CODE".
- Do not miss our travel guide to Amsterdam with much more information to have a great trip!
- Always we use the N26 card to travel without commissions for currency exchange, in the case of traveling through any country in the euro zone we use it to be able to withdraw money from any ATM without paying commissions (up to 3 times a month).
More tips in the advice post for traveling to Amsterdam for the first time.
These are all the options for go from Amsterdam airport to the center!
If you still have any questions, you can take a look at the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol official website or leave us a comment below and we will try to help you in any way we can.
And don't forget to check the best areas to stay in Amsterdam, and our schedules for Amsterdam in 3 days and Amsterdam in 4 days.
We hope that now you are more clear how to get from amsterdam airport to the center!
Other articles from our trips to Amsterdam:
AMSTERDAM IN 3 DAYS, DAILY ROUTE.
AMSTERDAM IN 4 DAYS, DAILY ROUTE.
WHERE TO STAY IN AMSTERDAM.
I AMSTERDAM CITY CARD.
TIPS FOR TRAVELING TO AMSTERDAM.
WHAT TO SEE IN AMSTERDAM.
HOW TO MOVE AROUND AMSTERDAM.
More articles from our trips to Amsterdam:
Deja una respuesta