5 best areas and hotels + Map
- Where to stay in Singapore
- Map of where to stay in Singapore
Where to stay in Singapore
Finding something good, nice and cheap in Singapore is very difficult. Prepare your pocket or get used to the idea that your accommodation in the city will be more basic than you would like... Even so, there are many good options to stay in Singapore, since all neighborhoods have their own charm. In addition, the city is very well connected by public transport, so you can easily reach the best places to see in Singapore.
1. Little India, where to stay in Singapore cheap
If you are a backpacker or your budget is low, I recommend you opt for Little India, since in this neighborhood you will find the cheapest accommodation in Singapore. Little India is one of Singapore's ethnic neighborhoods, and one of my favorites.
If it is true that it is the only place in the city where I have seen some rubbish on the ground, the streets of Little India hide corners full of charm. By the way, of course, you can enjoy great Indian food!
- Tube stops in Little India: Little India Station, Rochor Station and Farrer Park.
- What to see in Little India: Tekka Centre, Little India Arcade, House of Tan Teng Niah (a building with very colorful facades).
Recommended hotels in Little India
Accommodations ordered from lowest to highest price:
- ST Signature Jalan Besar. 3-star hotel with double and triple rooms with private or shared bathroom. There is also a communal kitchen. Booking score: 7.4/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
- One Farrer Hotel. 5-star hotel located next to the Farrer Park tube station. It has an indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center and 5 restaurants. They offer double and family rooms. Booking score: 8.6/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
2. Chinatown, one of the best options
The first time I visited Singapore, I stayed near Chinatown. On my second visit, I stayed in the heart of Chinatown. For me, this neighborhood has it all: charming streets, a wide variety of restaurants, a good atmosphere at any time of the day, a wide range of accommodation, and proximity to other areas of interest in Singapore.
In Chinatown you can find both perfect hostels for backpackers and good hotels for those looking for more comfort.
💳 To get Singapore dollars, I recommend asking for the revolt card. With it you can withdraw money from ATMs without paying extra commissions. It works out better than changing money!
- Subway stops in Chinatown: Chinatown, Telok Ayer, Outram Park and Tanjong Pagar.
- What to see in Chinatown: Tanjong Pagar Road, Sri Mariamman Temple, Chinatown Heritage Centre, Al-Abrar Mosque and Jamae Mosque, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, Chinatown Street Market.
Recommended hotels in Chinatown
Ordered from lowest to highest price:
- Wink at Mosque Street. On my second visit to Singapore I stayed at this hostel. They have single or double bed shared dormitories and private double and family rooms. There is a shared kitchen and lounge. The staff was very friendly. The truth is I really liked it. Booking score: 7.8/10. TripAdvisor score: 4/5.
- Oasia Hotel Downtown. 4-star hotel with terrace, swimming pool, bar, restaurant and fitness center. The design of the rooms and common areas is very careful. The exterior of the building is also very striking. They offer double rooms of different types. Booking score: 8.3/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
3. Marina Bay, where to sleep in Singapore to be in the center
Marina Bay is the center of the city and the most popular area of Singapore. Here you can find some of the most emblematic places in Singapore, such as Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay or the Merlion Statue.
In this area you will find the most luxurious hotels and restaurants in Singapore. I recommend staying at Marina Bay for those who have a high budget and want to be in the heart of Singapore.
- Metro stops in Marina Bay: Raffles Place, Promenade, Downtown, Telok Ayer, Bayfront.
- What to see in Marina Bay: Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, Helix Bridge, Merlion Statue, Esplanade and ArtScience Museum.
Best hotels in Marina Bay
All accommodation in this area is quite expensive, but if you can afford it, check out the following hotels:
- Pan Pacific Singapore. 5-star hotel. It is connected to the Marina Square shopping center. They offer double and family rooms (up to 6 people). The hotel has a swimming pool, 6 restaurants, a children's pool, 2 tennis courts, a fitness center and a spa. Booking score: 8.4/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
- Marina Bay Sands. This hotel is located on top of the most famous building in the city. They offer rooms for 2, 3 and 4 people. It has 20 dining options, a casino and the world's largest infinity pool, located on the roof, from which there are incredible views of the city. Booking score: 9.1/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore. It is one of the most luxurious hotels in the city. It has several restaurants, a gym, a rooftop pool and a bar. They offer different rooms for 2 people. Among them, a suite. Booking score: 8.9/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
4. Orchard Road, the shopping street of Singapore
Orchard Road is the most popular shopping street in Singapore. In it you can find numerous restaurants, hotels, shopping centers, boutiques, etc. I recommend this area if your intention in Singapore is to dedicate a lot of time to leisure.
- Tube stops on Orchard Road: Dhoby Ghaut, Somerset, Orchard.
- What to see on Orchard Road: Fort Canning Park, National Museum of SingaporeEmerald Hill Road, ION Orchard Mall.
Best Hotels in Singapore: Orchard Road
Accommodations ordered from lowest to highest price:
- YOTEL Singapore Orchard Road. Hotel located in the Orchard Road district. It has an outdoor pool, bar, restaurant and fitness center. They offer double and triple rooms. Booking score: 8/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
- Quincy Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality. This hotel has a very unique design. It has a very nice pool, fitness center and bar. They offer several kinds of double rooms with breakfast included. Booking score: 8.7/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
5. Clarke/Boat Quay, where to stay in Singapore if you like to go out
It is a fairly quiet area during the day. However, as soon as the sun goes down, a special atmosphere comes to this corner of the city. You will find many restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. which makes Clarke and Boat Quay the ideal place to walk at night in Singapore. It is the perfect area to stay in Singapore for those who are interested in nightlife.
🏥 Remember that it is very important to travel with travel insurance to Singapore, since you never know when you are going to have a problem. I always use and recommend the company Mondo, in which I can offer you a 5% discount on your travel insurance.
- Tube stops at Clarke/Boat Quay: Clarke Quay.
- Things to see in Clarke/Boat Quay: Singapore River, Asian Civilizations Museum, Central Fire Station.
Best hotels in Clarke and Boat Quay
Hosting organized from lowest to highest price:
- hipstercity. Hostel with single, double and triple beds in shared rooms. It also has a shared kitchen and lounge. The design of the rooms is very cool. It is located at Boat Quay. It is one of the best cheap options to stay in Singapore. Booking score: 8.3/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
- Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay. Hotel located on Clarke Quay. They offer double rooms with a large bed or two beds. It has a 24-hour fitness center, bar and swimming pool. Booking score: 8.2/10. TripAdvisor score: 4.5/5.
Map of where to stay in Singapore
On the following map you can see the areas where you can stay in the city and the recommended hotels, with their respective Booking links.
Do not miss my travel guide to Singapore to finish organizing your trip.
I hope this article on where to stay in Singapore has been useful for you to find the right accommodation during your trip to this incredible city. If you have any questions, I encourage you to leave a comment or contact me by email. Until next time!
Deja una respuesta